Monday, November 7, 2011

How hard is it to make a division 3 basketball team?

I'm thinking of applying to Clarkson or RPI. Both have somewhat lower amounts of undergraduates compared to the other two schools i'm interested in, RIT and University of Rochester. I'm about 5'9" and just hit my growth spurt so I'm thinking I'll end up being at least 5'11". What are the odds of me just making the team for two such schools? I've been playing since i was about eight in CYO and I'm seventeen now. For the past three years, I've been playing extremely competitively, going to local basketball courts and playing the best around there with most players in college. I also go to three different colleges nearby and play against the players there, usually holding my own and usually the second best on my team. The main schools i want to go to are Clarkson and RPI, both D3. Each have at least 4 or 5 of their seniors leaving next year and have at least 3 players on the current roster that are around 5'9". Also when i play, I'm usually the fastest, best ball handler, best per, and one of the best 3-point shots, which are all attributes of a point guard. The school i go to is AA and have won many state championships. I am close, if not, on the same level as the players on the team, except some are taller than me as of now. So what do you think my chances are? Sorry for the lengthy question and thank you ahead of time for the feedback!!

No comments:

Post a Comment