Friday, November 11, 2011

Financial Aid Question..?

So here's the story. My mother ped away when I was in junior high, and I've been told by many people that because of that I shouldn't have to pay that much to attend college. However, my boyfriend is in the Navy, and we were thinking about getting married. He is wary that if we do I won't get anything because of my deceased parent status and we will end up paying more than we need to. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice. Personally, I think getting married is the best choice, because a) we will be with each other, b) we wouldn't have to pay for housing or utilities, so we would save money there, c) if he gets stationed somewhere else I automatically go with. He thinks that staying unmarried is better so I have to file the fafsa with my dad. Does anyone have any advice on this? It would be sooo greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment