Wednesday, November 9, 2011

B&A: An unoriginal but hopefully fun writing challenge?

I knelt beside her limp body which had been so rigid with the struggle for life only a few seconds ago. Her cheap flowery perfume still hung in the air, but the undertone scent that had called me in, compelled me forward to her was gone. Her life tingled through my own limbs now, warming me up all the way to my fingertips. I let my mind wander back to only a few minutes before, when she was alive, a small town girl, a pretty little blonde. The scent under her perfume that made my entire body purr, a soft twitch of my every muscle. She had frozen when I had reached for her face. Her gasp had been one of fear, and half a sigh of desire. I had leaned in to kiss the side of her jaw and inhaled her scent. The beautiful mix of fright and lust as the girl couldn't decide who or what I was or how to react to me overcame my hesitation. My muscles unlocked and I clasped my arms around her. It took her a couple of minutes to die. She was clinging onto her life with a strength I could not have guessed at. The humans seemed so fragile, such easy victims for us. But she fought me anyway, a useless, pointless, pitiful struggle. And then she was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment